Allows you to view .pdf files on your mobile device
PDF Reader is one of the most practical reader tools for mobile users. Despite its name, it isn't limited to just viewing documents in PDF format. It supports a large number of other digital document formats, including ePUB, RTF, XPS, DjVu and several others. This makes it suitable for anyone who wants to read digital books or documents on their Android device, whether they're doing so for fun, business, research, reference or learning.
If you often use your device as a way to read your favorite ebooks on the go, you will find the library management features included in PDF Reader to be quite practical. It offers you a virtual bookshelf that lets you simply tap on one of the books presented to open it. The included dictionary support works with ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary and lets you rapidly look up the definition of words. Various features are included to make reading more pleasant and less straining on the eyes, such as night and day modes, text to speech support and the ability to change background colors and textures.
PDF Reader performs very well in areas where other reader apps still have trouble. It automatically detects TXT file encoding and has full support for languages that don't use the standard Latin alphabet. This is particularly convenient for users that regularly read materials in Chinese, Japanese or Korean, as they can be sure that their documents will display properly with no formatting or text display issues.
- Able to handle a large number of digital document file formats.
- Displays documents in non-Latin scripts properly.
- Dictionary support makes it useful when reading learning materials.
- In-app ads sometimes interfere with app functionality.
- Special characters may fail to display correctly with some document formats.
1. Reduce the size of apk, smaller and more efficient
2. Fixed the bugs of action bar and setting page
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.